You can follow these steps on the PC only if you are running Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later. Otherwise, you must use separately obtained Bluetooth software drivers, and use the instructions that come with that software to set up Bluetooth connections.
To set up a Bluetooth connection, do the following:
- Open the Bluetooth Devices Control Panel.
- On the Options tab, select Turn discovery on and Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer.
- On the COM Ports tab, click Add.
- Select Incoming (device initiates the connection) and click OK.
- Note the number of the COM port that was added. The COM port number must be no higher than 20.
- Click OK to close the Bluetooth Devices Control Panel.